If your business has been damaged by water, it’s important to act quickly. Your fast response is critical to prevent mold, bacteria, structural damage, and other problems. No matter the cause of your commercial water damage, Flood & Fire Solutions can deliver the services you need to protect your building and the health of your employees and customers.
The next time you notice signs of water damage in your Michigan business, contact us to schedule a consultation.
Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage
At Flood & Fire Solutions, we have seen and repaired every possible type of water damage you can imagine. Some of the most common causes of commercial water damage include:
- Leaks from pipes and plumbing fixtures, including water heaters, garbage disposals, dishwashers, and toilets
- Sump pump failures
- Natural disasters
- Sewage or storm drain backups
- Ice dams and leaky roofs
- Water damage from extinguishing a fire
What to Do If You Discover Water Damage in Your Business
If you recently experienced a flood, leak, backup, or another type of water damage, you may be wondering what to do next. Take the following steps during the aftermath of a water event to reduce long-term damage:
- In the case of plumbing leaks, shut off the water so the flooding stops. Call a plumber to help with this if necessary.
- Shut off the electrical breaker to prevent electrocution.
- Call Flood & Fire Solutions for immediate emergency response. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Place aluminum foil under any furniture that comes in contact with wet carpet to prevent staining.
- Remove everything you can from the building, including books and papers, fabrics, potted plants, and other items that could stain wet carpet.
- Call your insurance company to file a claim. All policies require business owners to report losses “as soon as reasonably possible.”
Avoid doing any of the following:
- Using a vacuum cleaner: Electrical shock and equipment damage could occur if you attempt to vacuum saturated carpet.
- Setting down newspaper to walk on: Newsprint ink easily transfers to wet carpet, which could cause permanent staining.
- Walking on wet carpet more than necessary: Remove everything you need to from the building, and then stay out to avoid spreading or worsening the damage.
Our Commercial Water Damage Services
As soon as you call Flood & Fire Solutions, you can expect our team to prepare and implement a water restoration plan for your business. As an independently owned and operated company, we have earned a reputation for delivering outstanding customer service and maintaining an open line of communication. Thanks to our fast response time, you can expect to return to business as usual in the shortest time frame possible.
Our commercial water damage services include:
- Water damage consultation and inspection
- Water damage restoration, including dehumidification and rapid structural drying
- Odor and mold removal, if necessary
Call Flood & Fire Solutions at the First Sign of Water Damage
Keep an eye out for signs of water damage in your building, including lingering musty odors, discolored walls and ceilings, peeling or cracking paint, visible mold, and high water bills. If you spot any problems, we recommend scheduling a water damage consultation. Professional restoration may be necessary if you have wet drywall, carpet, wood flooring, or upholstery.
We are here for you at all hours of the day or night! Call us today or contact us online to set up a water damage consultation.